Tinda, also called Indian round gourd or apple gourd, is an annual vine grown for its immature fruit, a vegetable especially popular in South Asia and tastes very well. Best to cook in summers.
- Green Gourd Sliced 1/2 kg
- Tomatoes Chopped 2
- Crushed Red Pepper 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves 2 tbsp
- Green Chillies 6
- Oil 1/4 cup
- White Cumin Whole 1 tsp
- Whole Red Chilies 6
- Garlic Crushed 1 tsp
- Heat up oil in a pan and add crushed garlic, white cumin whole and whole red chilies.
- Cook until ginger turns in to light golden.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add salt and crushed red pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add green gourd sliced and mix well with Masala.
- Cover it with lid and let it cook till it tenders.
- Sprinkle green chilies and coriander leaves before serving.